ENTRY DETAILS FOR BLUE FRINGE 2022
Through its life, Blue Fringe has showcased the talents of thousands of poets, artists, photographers and story tellers. For many, it is the first time they have shared their work publicly and for some the experience is life changing.
“Blue Fringe is an opportunity to be heard, to be seen. It opens up conversations. It brings mental illness out of the darkness and into the light.”
Blue Fringe Art & Literature GENERAL ENTRY is open to people aged 18 and over with a lived experience of mental illness.
The Blue Fringe Art & Literature YOUTH ENTRY is open to anyone of High School age in celebration of mental well-being and resilience.
Art & Literature Entries will be open from August 1st 2022 to September 1st 2022
Blue Fringe 2022 will be a live exhibition held at the Wentworth Falls TAFE in the Blue Mountains NSW.
In the art, sculpture, photography and textiles application forms you will be required to submit a photograph of the art you are entering.
The entry and image you upload will be used in the Complete Works 2022 book. That entry and image will also be used in any virtual gallery we create.
The entry and image will be the art piece(s) you need to deliver to the exhibition venue on MONDAY October 17.
We cannot collect your art and you cannot post your art to us. It must be delivered in person for it to be included in the 2022 exhibition.
If you cannot deliver the art to the exhibition venue you are not able to enter art for 2022.
Please contact us if you have any entry enquiries.
* Each Artist may submit up to one artwork in each of the categories - Art, Sculpture, Textiles and Photography. Limit of 4 per artist. Please use a separate entry form for each artwork.
* For each of the four Art categories, there will be an Adult and a Youth category.
* In the application process you must submit an image of the art you are entering. This will be used for the Complete Works Book so take your time to show your art in the best quality possible.
*All entries must be the original work of the entrant and not previously entered in Blue Fringe.
* Artwork must be less than 1m x 1m in size, and sculpture must be less than a total of 20kg.
* Artwork is to be framed for hanging .
*All art entered must be delivered to the venue in person Friday 14th October or Monday 17th October and collected from the venue Saturday 22nd October.
FOR ALL PIECES OF ARTWORK
All art entries must be delivered to the exhibition venue Friday 14th October or Monday 17th October
* Each Writer may submit up to one written piece in each of the two categories - Poems and Short Stories.
* For each of the two Literature categories, there will be an Adult and a Youth category.
* Poems must be a maximum of 350 words. Short Stories must be a maximum of 1000 words.
* Written work must be the original work of the entrant and not previously entered in Blue Fringe.
* Written work must be submitted as a Word document or a PDF document via the Entry Form page on this website - link below.
* All entries will be printed in the Blue Fringe 2022 Art & Literature book which will be gifted to entrants.
FOR ALL HARD COPY LITERATURE ENTRIES
Please contact Belong Blue Mountains 4782 1117